Wawanesa is a proud company with a long history dating back to 1896. We take pride in our stability, both financial and operational, and plan to continue growing in the future just as we have in the past. We wish to provide ever increasing numbers of policyholders with excellent products and service. Our mutual ownership structure both allows us and requires us to take a steady and prudent approach to balancing growth and financial strength.
Our Mission and Values communicate who we are and what we believe in as an organization and provide guidance for our future development.
"Earning your trust since 1896"... As a policyholder-owned mutual insurance company, we will continue to earn trust by providing quality products and services at the lowest price which supports long-term growth and financial stability.
- We treat others in a respectful and truthful manner.
- We conduct business with ethics, integrity, honesty, consistency and fairness.
- We make service a priority.
- We are collaborative, innovative and drive excellence.
- We are open and transparent in our business dealings.
- We support the communities in which we work and live.