Winnipeg, MB November 8, 2018 - The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, the largest Property and Casualty Mutual insurer in Canada, is pleased to introduce Agricultural Select, a flexible and comprehensive insurance product designed for large-scale grain, oil seed, and produce operations of over 2,500 acres.
Coverage highlights of the specialized insurance includes:
- All buildings and structures, along with their business-related contents;
- Coverage for seeds, fertilizers, and chemicals;
- Livestock if those operations are incidental to grain, oil seed, and product operations;
- Agricultural equipment;
- Commercial comprehensive general liability protection against liability claims for bodily injury and property damage that takes place on or off the business premises or are caused by business operations;
- In the event of a fire, Agricultural Select provides coverage for the fire department service charges, even if multiple municipalities respond to a single incident.
“This new agriculture product reflects our long-standing commitment to the farming community, the roots of our company,” said Carol Jardine, Wawanesa’s President of Canadian P&C Operations. “Insurance coverage for business should be flexible and we are proud to offer a variety of customizable options that can be added now, or in the future, allowing our commercial farm customers to evolve with us, as their business grows.”
Agricultural Select became available to brokers on November 5 in the British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario markets.
About The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is the largest Canadian Property and Casualty Mutual insurer with $3 billion in annual revenue and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Western Canada. With over 5,000 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through regional offices and service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy. Learn more at www.wawanesa.com
For more information:
David Hultin, Senior External Communications Specialist