Frequently asked questions:
Please mail your check, payable to:
Wawanesa General Insurance Company
P.O. Box 85048
San Diego, CA
There is NO grace period. Payments must be U.S. postmarked or received in our office PRIOR to any expiration or cancellation date to avoid a lapse in coverage. No claims will be honored if a loss occurs during a lapse period.
Yes, as of January 1, 2016, you may designate one additional person to receive notice of cancellation of your policy for nonpayment of premium. This designated person will receive notice at least 10 days prior to the effective date of any cancellation of your policy for nonpayment of premium. You may designate, change, or delete this person at any time after January 1, 2016. Please note that this person will not have any rights under the policy except for the right to receive notice of lapse, termination, expiration, non-renewal or cancellation of your policy for nonpayment of premium.
To add, change, or delete an additional person to receive notice of cancellation for nonpayment, visit our Change Your Policy section, or email, fax, or mail our office with the following information:
- Your policy number
- Your full name
- The full name of the additional person you wish to designate
- The complete mailing address of the additional person you wish to designate
- Whether or not you authorize Wawanesa to discuss your policy's billing information with this designated additional person
A policy cancelled for Non-Payment of Premium at Renewal or Mid-Term will be Reinstated without a lapse in coverage provided:
- The provided payment is received and post marked within 25 days past the payment due date
- The payment is the full amount that is past due
A policy cancelled for Non-Payment of Premium at Renewal or Mid-Term that does not meet the above requirements for reinstatement may be considered for Rewriting of a policy subject to new policy terms and conditions.
We currently offer the following
1. Multi-Product Discount
2. Non-Smokers Discount
3. Sprinkler System Discount
4. Burglar Alarm Discount
5. Water Alarm Discount
6. Loyalty Discount
7. Claims Free Discount
Yes - Wawanesa, like many other insurance companies, inspect every home we insure. This allows us to assist you in determining and maintaining the coverage amount necessary to rebuild your dwelling in the event of a claim.
Yes, your personal belongings are covered while you are traveling anywhere in the world.
Please call 1-877-WAWANESA to speak with a Wawanesa quote specialist and get same day coverage:
1. The quote specialist will have you complete an electronic application.
2. If paying by debit, credit card or one-time withdrawal, the quote specialist will require your premium down payment information. Please note, mailing your payment by check will defer a request for same day coverage.
3. You will receive same day coverage as long as you meet the following requirements:
- There has not been any earth movement or subsidence losses in your area.
- There is no mandatory evacuation order currently in effect in your area.
- You do not have any employees working in your home.
- Your home is not resting on either stilts or an open foundation.
- There is no trampoline, skateboard ramp, or diving board on the property.
Otherwise, NO coverage will apply until such time as your application is otherwise approved by Wawanesa Insurance.
No - there is no rate increase based upon your claims experience.
Visit our homeowners quote page to learn more.
A $50.00 cancellation fee will apply on any new policy that is cancelled within 60 days of the initial effective date.