The following brief descriptions are provided to assist in understanding the coverage options available. Any coverage provided by a Wawanesa Insurance Policy is subject to the actual policy wording, endorsements, and declaration
We offer one of the most comprehensive Homeowners Protection Programs for your insurance dollar. Some important program features included in our policy at no additional costs are:
Wildfire Defense Program In the event your home is being threatened by a wildfire, a service may be provided to help protect the property. This service may include things like debris removal, fuel source mitigation, and closing structure openings. You may opt-out of this service by contacting one of our Customer Service Representatives at 800-640-2920.
DWELLING EXTENDED REPLACEMENT COST Provides peace of mind that if your home is completely destroyed it will be rebuilt, even if the cost exceeds your policy limit, up to 125% of your coverage limit.*
INFLATION GUARD Helps to keep your limits of insurance equal to the current replacement value of your home.
REPLACEMENT COST ON CONTENTS Guarantees that most of your personal property will be replaced at current replacement cost. Items such as antiques, memorabilia, fine arts... will be settled at actual cash value.*
* Dwelling Extended Replacement Cost and Replacement Cost on Contents do NOT APPLY to damage from the peril of Earthquake, if coverage for Earthquake is selected.
Make a Selection:
- Coverage A - Dwelling
- Coverage B - Other Structures
- Coverage C - Personal Property
- Coverage D - Loss of Use
- Coverage E - Personal Liability
- Coverage F - Medical Payments to Others
- A. Increased Limits
- B. Scheduled Property
- C. Limited Earthquake Coverage - California
- D. Credit Card, Fund Transfer Card, Forgery & Counterfeit Money
- E. Special Limits Enhancement Endorsement
- F. Identity Fraud Expense Coverage
- G. Home Systems Protection
- H. Service Line Coverage
- I. Home Cyber Protection Coverage
- J. Other Coverage Options
This affords insurance coverage for your home on an extended replacement cost basis. Your home is protected against risks of direct physical loss, except as otherwise excluded.
This provides coverage against risks of direct physical loss to your detached buildings on an extended replacement cost basis up to an amount equal to 10% of the coverage limit on your dwelling, except as otherwise excluded.
Your belongings are covered up to the limit of your policy. Special limits for certain items of personal property are:
1. $200 on money, bank notes, bullion, gold other than goldware, silver other than silverware, platinum other than platinumware, coins, medals, scrip, stored value cards and smart cards.
2. $1,500 on securities, accounts, deeds, evidences of debt, letters of credit, notes other than bank notes, manuscripts, personal records, passports, tickets and stamps.
3. $1,500 on watercraft of all types, including their trailers, furnishings, equipment and outboard engines or motors.
4. $1,500 on trailers or semitrailers not used with watercraft of all types.
5. $1,500 on loss by theft of jewelry, watches, furs, precious and semiprecious stones.
6. $2,500 for loss by theft of firearms and related equipment.
7. $2,500 for loss by theft of silverware, silver-plated ware, goldware, gold-plated ware, platinumware, platinum-plated ware and pewterware. This includes flatware, hollowware, tea sets, trays and trophies made of or including silver, gold or pewter.
8. $2,500 on property, on the "residence premises", used primarily for "business" purposes.
9. $1,500 on property, away from the "residence premises", used primarily for "business" purposes.
10. $1,500 on portable electronic equipment that reproduces, receives or transmits audio, visual or data signals, is designed to be operated by more than one power source, one of which is a "motor vehicle's" electrical system, and is in or upon a "motor vehicle".
11. $250 for antennas, tapes, wires, records, disks or other media that are used with electronic equipment that reproduces, receives or transmits audio, visual or data signals, and is in or upon a "motor vehicle".
Certain personal property category limits may be increased. Please refer to the Optional Coverage Section.
This provides coverage for additional living expenses should a covered loss cause your home to be uninhabitable. We cover necessary additional expenses, up to an amount equal to 20% of the coverage limit on your dwelling , so that you can maintain your household at its normal standard of living.
If a claim is made or a suit is brought against you for damage because of bodily injury or property damage (to which this coverage applies), we will pay, up to our limit of liability for the damage.
We will pay the necessary medical expenses, (to which this coverage applies), up to our limit of liability, for which you are liable as a result of an accidental injury to others.
Required by California state law, this coverage applies only to non-business pursuits. Occasional employee coverage is automatically provided for each employee who works less than ten hours per week, and whose duties are incidental to the ownership, maintenance or use of the residence; i.e., baby-sitter, gardener, housecleaner, etc..
We will pay reasonable costs incurred by you, up to our coverage limit, to prevent further damage such as removal of debris and fire department service charges incurred to protect the property.
Our policy provides the necessary protection for most homeowners. There may, however, be a need for the extra coverage, provided on an individual basis, by an optional coverage.
Extended coverage is available, subject to individual item and aggregate limits, to increase the basic overage limits, on a blanket basis for:
1. Jewelry, Watches and Furs
2. Silverware, Goldware and Pewterware
6. Portable Electronic Equipment
Specific items, in the following categories, can be scheduled on an individual basis and insured to their current appraised value:
3. Musical Instruments
5. Golf Equipment
6. Fine Arts (with or without breakage coverage)
7. Cameras and Photographic Equipment
10. Hearing Aids
The basic policy does not automatically provide coverage against the peril of Earthquake. Limited coverage, on an actual cash value settlement basis, is offered on every homeowners policy. Dwelling coverage is limited to the amount of coverage provided under Coverage A - Dwelling on the basic policy. Personal Property coverage is limited to $5,000. Additional Living Expenses is provided but limited to $1,500. Extended Replacement Cost Coverage does not apply and this optional coverage is subject to a deductible limit equal to 15% of the coverage limit on your dwelling.
The basic policy limit of $500 coverage for losses created by your legal obligation to pay because of theft or unauthorized use of credit or fund transfer cards, check forgery or the good faith acceptance of counterfeit money can be increased up to $10,000.
For qualifying homeowners, this endorsement may be added to increase various limits under Section I – Property Coverages under Coverage C – Personal Property, Special Limits of Liability and Coverage E – Additional Coverages as follows:
|Coverage||Base Limit on Policy||Increased Limit|
|Money, bank notes, etc.||$200||$1,000|
|Securities, Accounts, deeds etc.||$1,500||$5,000|
|Watercraft & Equip.||$1,500||$5,000|
|Trailers not used with watercraft||$1,500||$2,500|
|Loss by theft of jewelry, furs etc.||$1,500||$6,000|
|Loss by theft of firearms||$2,500||$5,000|
|Loss by theft of silverware etc.||$2,500||$5,000|
|Business Property on premises||$2,500||$5,000|
Covers up to $25,000 for expenses incurred as the direct result of any one identity fraud during the policy period. A $500 deductible applies.
Provides coverage for sudden and accidental breakdown that causes direct physical damage to home infrastructure systems and personal property, including but not limited to:
HVAC, water heaters, electrical, generators, well pumps, air/water filtration, pool equipment, chair lifts, alarm systems, appliances, computers, entertainment systems, electronics, exercise equipment, power equipment.
The limit for Home Systems Protection coverage is $50,000 with a $500 deductible. Please note that a 50% depreciation factor applies to any home equipment that is over 15 years old at the time of the loss.
Provides coverage for the repair or replacement of service lines that bring water, power, data and communications into the home, when the damage is on your property.
The limit for Service Line Coverage is $10,000 with a $500 deductible.
Provides coverage for direct loss, damage, or expense related to Cyber Attack, Cyber Extortion, and Online Fraud.
The annual limit for Home Cyber Protection Coverage is $25,000. A $500 deductible applies.
We have other coverage options available to meet your individual needs. These include:
1. Increased Limits on Money and Securities
2. Business Pursuits Protection
3. Permitted Incidental Occupancies - Residence Premises
4. Increased Limits on Business Property
5. Increased Limits on Other Structures
6. Reduced or Increased Coverage C - Personal Property Limit