Homeowners Insurance – Be financially prepared
Protection for your most valuable asset requires evaluating your current or potential homeowners insurance coverage. Both the policyholder and the insured want coverage to be adequate to cover any potential losses that may result from, but not limited to, fire, wind, earthquake and lightening.
- Understand your insurance policy.
- Maintain adequate coverage and policy limits. If a small fire turns into an inferno, adequate limits will ensure you can rebuild your home.
- Review your insurance policy regularly.
- Understand the types of insurance policies and the differences between replacement cost and actual cash value.
- Understand construction costs and building codes for your neighborhood.
- Keep inventory of your personal items.
Read the entire article so you can be more financially prepared in case something happens: http://www.acicnet.org/