The following brief descriptions are provided to assist in understanding the coverage options available. Any coverage provided by a Wawanesa Insurance Policy is subject to the actual policy wording, endorsements, and declaration
We offer one of the most comprehensive renters insurance programs: maximum value for your insurance dollar. Some important program features included in our policy at no additional cost are:
REPLACEMENT COST ON CONTENTS* Guarantees that most of your personal property will be replaced at current Replacement Cost. Items such as antiques, memorabilia and fine arts will be settled at Actual Cash Value.
INFLATION GUARD Helps to keep your limits of insurance equal to the current replacement value of your personal property.
* Replacement Cost on contents does NOT APPLY to damage from the peril of Earthquake, if coverage for Earthquake is selected.
Make a Selection:BASIC PROTECTION
- Coverage C - Personal Property
- Coverage D - Loss of Use
- Coverage E - Personal Liability
- Coverage F - Medical Payments to Others
- A. Increased Limits
- B. Scheduled Personal Property
- C. Limited Coverage for Earthquake - California
- D. Credit Card, Electronic Fund Transfer Card or Access Device, Forgery & Counterfeit Money
- E. Other Coverage Options
Your belongings are covered up to the limit of your policy. Special limits for certain items of personal property are:
1. $200 on money, bank notes, bullion, gold other than goldware, silver other than silverware, platinum other than platinumware, coins, medals, scrip, stored value cards and smart cards.
2. $1,500 on securities, accounts, deeds, evidences of debt, letters of credit, notes other than bank notes, manuscripts, personal records, passports, tickets and stamps.
3. $1,500 on watercraft of all types, including their trailers, furnishings, equipment and outboard engines or motors.
4. $1,500 on trailers or semitrailers not used with watercraft of all types.
5. $1,500 on loss by theft of jewelry, watches, furs, precious and semiprecious stones.
6. $2,500 for loss by theft of firearms and related equipment.
7. $2,500 for loss by theft of silverware, silver-plated ware, goldware, gold-plated ware, platinumware, platinum-plated ware and pewterware. This includes flatware, hollowware, tea sets, trays and trophies made of or including silver, gold or pewter.
8. $2,500 on property, on the "residence premises", used primarily for "business" purposes.
9. $1,500 on property, away from the "residence premises", used primarily for "business" purposes.
10. $1,500 on portable electronic equipment that reproduces, receives or transmits audio, visual or data signals, is designed to be operated by more than one power source, one of which is a "motor vehicle's" electrical system, and is in or upon a "motor vehicle".
11. $250 for antennas, tapes, wires, records, disks or other media that are used with electronic equipment that reproduces, receives or transmits audio, visual or data signals, and is in or upon a "motor vehicle".
Certain personal property category limits may be increased. Please refer to the Optional Coverage Section.
This provides coverage for additional living expenses should a covered loss cause your residence to be uninhabitable. We cover necessary additional living expenses so that you can maintain your household at its normal standard of living for up to twelve (12) full months.
If a claim is made or suit is brought against you for damage because of bodily injury or property damage (to which this coverage applies), for which you are liable, we will pay up to our limit of liability for the damage.
We will pay the necessary medical expenses (to which this coverage applies), up to our limit of liability, as a result of an accidental injury to another.
Required by California state law, this coverage applies only to non-business pursuits. Occasional employee coverage is automatically provided for each employee who works less than ten hours per week, and whose duties are incidental to ownership, maintenance or use of the residence; i.e., babysitter, gardener, housecleaner, etc.
We will pay reasonable costs incurred by you, up to our coverage limit, to prevent further damages such as removal of debris and fire department service charges incurred to protect your covered property.
Our policy provides the necessary protection for most renters, however there may, in certain circumstances, be a need for the extra security provided by an optional coverage.
Extended coverage is available, subject to individual item and aggregate limits, to increase the basic coverage limits on a blanket basis for:
1. Jewelry, Watches and Furs
2. Silverware, Goldware, Platinumware and Pewterware
3. Firearms and Related Equipment
6. Portable Electronic Equipment
Specific items in the following categories, can be scheduled on an individual basis and insured to their current appraised value:
3. Musical Instruments
5. Golfer's Equipment
6. Sports Equipment
7. Fine Arts (with or without breakage coverage)
8. Cameras and Photographic Equipment
The basic policy does not automatically provide coverage against the peril of Earthquake. Limited coverage, on an actual cash value settlement basis, is offered on Wawanesa Renters Policies. Personal Property coverage is limited to $5,000. Additional Living Expense is provided but limited to $1,500. Replacement Cost on Contents Coverage does not apply and this optional coverage is subject to a deductible of $750.
The basic policy provides a $500 limit of coverage for losses created by your legal obligation to pay because of theft or unauthorized use of credit or electronic fund transfer cards or access device, check forgery or the good faith acceptance of counterfeit money. The limit can be increased up to $10,000 for an additional premium.
We have other coverage options available to meet your individual needs. These include:
1. Business Pursuits Protection
2. Permitted Incidental Occupancies - Residence Premises
3. Increased Limits on Business Property
4. Increased Limits - Coverage C - Personal Property (maximum limit of $210,000 available)