Wawanesa is a Canadian mutual company owned by its policyholders. It is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada.
Wawanesa has 100% ownership of two subsidiary insurance companies:
Wawanesa has a rich history dating back to September 25, 1896, when it was founded in the Village of Wawanesa, Manitoba. Today executive offices are located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Wawanesa Mutual operates in all areas of Canada as well as in the States of California and Oregon in the U.S.A.
Wawanesa was awarded an A+ (Superior) Rating for its financial strength from A.M. Best Co, the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source.
Some Wawanesa traits:
- Outstanding claims service and underwriting service;
- Quality broker representation;
- Solid corporate citizen known for generous charitable giving.
- Consistent growth;
- Offers a wide range of quality products.
* 2012 - 2010 are prepared under IFRS, all other years prepared under Canadian GAAP.
2012 - 2010 balances are fully consolidated and as such include the respective balances of Wawanesa Life.